Saturday, May 15, 2010

World traveler seeking advice.. what should i do with my life?

I am 24, and have been traveling the world the last six years. Just after I graduated high school, I hit the road and began a long and interesting adventure around the planet. I am in Taiwan now, as The journey is coming to an end, and i am looking back wondering what i have to show for all my time, working and living in all these different countries. The answer; not a lot. Most of the time, I would teach English as a second language for an income, but I know that it's not what i want to do for the rest of my life. Then I picked up martial arts, trained rigorously and started competing in international MMA (ultimate fighting)events. But as a career choice its a hard life and the reward is minimal, and also, I can only compete for so long, before I am too old. I have been an avid percussionist. Playing drums has been a passion of mine since I was 13, and i have been playing in various groups all the while. But still I am broke, with no plan. What shoud i do? Too late for school?

World traveler seeking advice.. what should i do with my life?
Lucky you. Seem although maybe not moneywise, you have had some interesting time..





The easiest way would be to fall in love in a way you would make the world stop turning for her/him..


But another reasonable good idea is to go back to study.


Ever thought of becoming a biologe- photographer in the Serengeti dessert? A field-reporter overseas? A personal buyer for the rich and famous? All these things exist and it might be nice to get trained for something. Studying can be a lot of fun, give it some time to find out what might get you interested for more than a short while. Use your imagination. Start from the weirdest ideas and look for who's working in it, what they earn etc. Talk with profesionals. You have been travelling 6 years, you can have one more planning you a future..





Key word here INFORM YOURSELF. You'll see, doing so will lead you to something.
Reply:please don't laugh at what Im about to recommend; but you should seriously consider astrology; having your horoscpe done by a professional or any of the many excellent websites online..there is a brance of astrology that deals with vocational guidance....they need your name, date and time of birth, and can either email or snailmail your report...please consider this; what have you got to lose? you will learn more about yourself, your inner nature, the things you qualify for as far as type of work, vocation, profession, etc..please give it a try and keep an open mind!! email me if you like with any further questions...good luck...............


No comments:

Post a Comment