Monday, November 16, 2009

Does anyone know any Ba Gua instructors or schools in west houston?

I need to know about the best ones. (Ba Gua is a Chinese martial art) I am intersted in learning it for self defense and not "heightened well being" or any thing like that.

Does anyone know any Ba Gua instructors or schools in west houston?
If you're looking at the internal Chinese arts for practical fighting purposes....especially amongst the Neija internal styles, I'd go for Xingyiquan over Baguazhang in a second.





It's easier to learn, and much more practical in combat. I've studied both, and while Bagua is interesting....from a practicality aspect, Xingyi destroys it.





Think from this perspective, that's what the Muslim Chinese have used in warfare for centuries.





As to teachers in West Houston....I'm not sure. Why don't you try checking around through the Chinese districts of Westheimer Blvd (through Bellaire)....I'm sure you'd have better luck there than on here.

flowers anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment